As the Director of Finance and Accounting, you will lead our finance and accounting team, and help direct our company through the next growth cycle. You will be a key player on our senior leadership team and bring financial expertise to discussions on company vision, strategy and new product development. You will lead and be responsible for financial strategy, budgeting/planning, day-to-day accounting functions, financial reporting analysis and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leading the Finance Team, responsible for: FP&A, Accounting, Billing, and Purchasing.
· Actively participate as a member of the senior leadership team.
· Direct company-wide financial planning.
· Develop the annual budget and department P&Ls, and regularly measure against actual results and forecasts.
· Ensure adherence to GAAP, financial laws and guidelines and prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial, accounting and operating reports in accordance.
· Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
· Manage external relationships (banking, CPA, etc.)
· Improve, build and scale the finance and accounting functions to serve the needs of the business, our clients and employees.
· Work with other departments to conduct special finance projects such as cost benefit analyses, long-term forecasting, revenue attribution and performance drivers.
· Assist product management as an accounting subject matter expert.
· Develop business models for new products/markets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· 10+ years in Finance/Accounting, of which 3+ years in a leadership role.
· Experience managing the finance and accounting functions within a small to mid-size company, experience working in a closely held SaaS company is a plus.
· Can direct the big picture but are also excited about diving into the details to bring a project to completion.
· Easily connect details to broader concepts, and see how things are tied together.
· Simplify complicated financial information for a non-finance audience.
· Experience adopting and integrating ERP information systems.
· Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change.
· High standards of personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or a similar discipline. CPA required. MBA preferred.