The selected candidate will be responsible for reading, interpreting and summarizing commercial real estate leases into Visual Lease for various clients and keeping them informed as to the status of their abstracting projects. Candidates do not need preexisting experience with Visual Lease. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Client Services.
- Receive an abstraction assignment (group of leases or a single lease/amendment) and communicate the estimated completion date to the client.
- Interpret the client’s abstracting scope and understand how it should be entered into Visual Lease.
- Inventory the legal documents, identify missing information and determine if existing documentation is sufficient to start abstraction.
- Summarize the information related to the selected clauses and input into Visual Lease.
- Keep Client Services Team and clients updated as to project status.
- Perform quality assurance testing on abstracts created by others.
Ongoing Client Calls & Support: Communicate with clients regarding abstracting questions and concerns. Be able to explain how items were abstracted. Respond to customer support tickets related to abstracting while managing their expectations.
Data Entry and Miscellaneous Projects: Assist with data entry and lease data analysis projects.
- 1+ years of customer support experience & 5+ years of real estate legal, lease abstraction or lease administration experience
- Strong organization, attention to detail, fact verification and project management skills
- Strong ability to multitask, adaptability to change, and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent reading, comprehending, verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook, patience, and strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & overall fluency with technology (good internet skills and can learn new software products quickly)